STUDIO 411: THE SCRAP BOX IN ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
The Scrap Box in Ann Arbor, Michigan has been around for over 20 years. This non-profit was way ahead of it's time!
The Scrap Box receives donations of recycled materials from business, industry, and individuals that are used creatively by teachers, day care centers, schools, churches, scout troops, parents (think science and art projects) artists, scrapbookers, crafters and more! These items would most likely end up in landfills.
I love the Scrap Box! I use many of the materials for unique mark making in addition to brushes in my paintings. They also have many items that I have used to help organize my studio. All inexpensively!
In the main bulk area of the building you fill up a large ($6.50) or small ($4) paper bag with as much as you can fit in it. The "green room" has items priced separately.
A FEW Items you will find (inventory is ALWAYS changing):
- paper sheets (all colors), poster board, scrapbook paper, rolls of paper
- barrels of manufacturing scrap (see photos: foam, cardboard, wood, ceramic tile, plastic, paper)
- material and upholstery samples
- old greeting cards
- a creative area for the kids while you shop
- child birthday parties
- child workshops
- membership for $25 per year
- adult workshops and birthday parties
HOURS: Closed Mondays
Tuesday through Friday, 10A to 5P
Saturday, 10A to 2P
LOCATION: 581 State Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108